Stress Awareness Month
While National Stress Day is celebrated in November, the month of April is dedicated to bringing awareness to stress. While stress is unavoidable for most people, there are many ways to help prevent and manage it. The awareness of stress has been held every April, since 1992. During the month of April, health care professionals and health promotion experts across the country will join forces to increase public awareness about both the causes and cures for the stress epidemic.
When is Stress Awareness Month?
The month of April
How Can we Observe Stress Awareness Month?
- Find ways to help reduce your stress. This includes eating healthy, exercising and getting enough sleep.
- Learn how to relax. This means different things for different people. While some people can feel relaxed watching television, some may feel better running. This is a personal decision.
- If you are feeling worn down, take a look at everything that is going on in your life and prioritize them. Remember to take things one day at a time.
- Talk about your problems. You can see a professional or call a friend.
- Do something you enjoy. Again, this is something very personal. You can read, exercise, craft or cook.
- Held every April, since 1992.
- Stress is something that needs to be taken seriously.
- Eating right, exercise and getting enough sleep really does help to reduce stress.
- The most important thing you can do when you are stressed or anxious is to make sure you are looking after yourself. Make time to relax when you need to and learn to say no to requests that are too much for you.
The Effects of Too Much Stress Include:
- Poor Judgement
- Inability to Concentrate
- ‘Brain Fog’
- Starting many tasks but achieving little
- Self doubt
- Feeling Overwhelmed
- Chest Pains
- Sleeping too much
Wondering about the holidays in April???