Wear Pajamas to Work Day
It’s no coincidence that Wear Pajamas to Work Day follows April 15th’s Tax Day. For those last minute tax people, who may be tired, why not wear your pajamas to work? We would recommend asking your employer if he/she is okay with it before you enter the workplace in your pajamas.
When is Wear Pajamas to Work Day?
April 16th. Celebrated the same day every year.
Type of Holiday?
April 16th Holidays:
- National Bean Counter Day
- National Eggs Benedict Day
- National Healthcare Decisions Day
- National Orchid Day
- National Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day
- Get to Know Your Customers Day – Third Thursday of Each Quarter
- National High Five Day – Third Thursday in April
How to Celebrate Wear Pajamas to Work Day:
- Wear pajamas to work.
- Throw a party after work and have friends over in their pajamas.
- Enjoy some laughs at work.
- Buy a pair of new pajamas for the day.
- Pajamas were originally called pyjamas.
- The attire traces back hundreds of years to Persia.
- During the 17th century, British colonists adopted this article of clothing from India and brought it to England where it became known as “Lounging attire.”
- Feety pajamas and hats were popular in the early 1900’s.
- In 1971 regulations were set to make children’s pajamas flame resistent.
- Luxury sleepwear has been a huge market in the last five years.
Celebrities who celebrate birthdays on April 16th:
- Selena Quintanilla – Deceased – Singer
- Chance The Rapper – Singer
- Martin Lawrence – Comedian
- Charlie Chaplin – Actor
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar – Famous NBA Player
- Pope Benedict XVI
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#wearpajamastoworkday #wearpajamastoday #pajamaday
Other holidays celebrated in April include April Fool’s Day. There are your health holidays, which includes World Health Day and Autism Awareness Day, And of course – we have the fun holidays from World Party Day to National Siblings Day and National Pet Day. Let’s not forget the numerous food and drink holidays – from National Empanada day to National Beer Day.