NATIONAL WINE DAY
National Wine Day is a day set aside to buy wine, appreciate wine and enjoy the history of wine. Not to be confused with the holiday National Drink Wine Day, which focuses on the actual consumption of wine.
When is National Wine Day
Annually on May 25th
Type of Holiday?
How is National Wine Day Celebrated?
- Visit a winery (or two!) and learn how wine is made
- Host a wine tasting party and have each guest bring their favorite wine
- Research recipes featuring wine
- Try to make your own wine
National Wine Day Trivia/Facts:
- Wine is an alcoholic beverage made from fermented grapes and/or other fruits.
- Research shows that winemaking goes back around 8000 years.
- The Romans would put lead in their wine to make it sweeter and to preserve it.
- California, New York and Florida have the highest rates of wine consumption.
- “Bouquet” is the smell of an older wine, while “aroma” is the smell of a younger wine.
- Warmer climates produce dark grapes for red wine, and cooler areas grow white wine grapes.
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on May 25th:
- Frank Oz – Muppetteer
- Ralph Waldo Emerson – Philosopher
- Robert Ludlum – Spy novelist
- Molly Sims – Model/actress
- Bill “Bojangles” Robinson – Tap dancer
- Ian McKellen – Actor
- Igor Sikorsky – Aviation pioneer
- Aly Raisman – Olympic gymnast
Popular Social Media Hashtags: