World Arthritis Day
World Arthritis Day is a day set aside to raise and promote awareness of the symptoms connected to rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases (RMDs) and the importance of gaining early diagnosis and access to care.
When is World Arthritis Day?
Annually on October 12th
Type of Holiday?
How is World Arthritis Day celebrated?
- Become involved and spread the word about the importance of early diagnosis
- Organize local campaign activities or events to raise awareness
- Alert local media about the activity to generate local media coverage
- Promote your event on social media
World Arthritis Day Facts:
- This is a new campaign, having just begun in 2017 in Europe
- Began with The European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR). It’s a European, non-profit organization which represents people with arthritis/rheumatism, health professionals in rheumatology and scientific societies of rheumatology across Europe
- Timely access to treatment can prevent further damage and burden on the individual and society
- There are many different aspects of RMDs, that affect more than 120 million people in Europe alone
- RMDs can occur at any age – children and young people can be severely affected
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on October 12th:
- Hugh Jackman – Actor
- Calum Scott – Singer
- Bode Miller – American Alpine Skier
- Josh Hutcherson – Actor
- Luciana Pavarotti – Italian Opera Singer
- Kirk Cameron – American Actor
Do you know anyone with Arthritis? Spread the word and try and help those who may need it.