World Blood Day
World Blood Day is celebrated around the world on June 14th every year. This day is meant to raise awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products and to thank blood donors for their life-saving gifts of blood. In many countries, blood services face the challenge of making sufficient blood available, while also ensuring its quality and safety.
When is World Blood Day
June 14th. Celebrated Annually.
World Blood Day Trivia:
- This day has been set aside to celebrate and thank individuals who donate blood and to encourage those who have not yet donated blood to start donating
- We celebrate to highlight the need for committed, year-round blood donation, to maintain adequate supplies and achieve universal and timely access to safe blood transfusion
- Today is the day we demonstrate the need for universal access to safe blood transfusion and provide advocacy on its role in the provision of effective health care and in achieving the goal of universal health coverage
How to Celebrate the Day?
- Donate blood
- Celebrate those who donate blood
- Volunteer to help out at a blood drive
- Schools and places of employment frequently hold blood drives on this day
Famous Birthdays on June 14th:
- Donald Trump – US President
- Lucy Hale – Actress
- Boy George – Singer
- Gunna – Rapper
Popula Social Media Hashtags:
#blooddonorday #worldblooddonorday #donateblood #loveablooddonor