World Cat Day
While Cat Day should be celebrated every day but for the cat lover in all of us, a special day has been set aside to celebrate World Cat Day. Similar to National Cat Day, it is a day to bring awareness to the homeless cats and encourage cat lovers everywhere to adopt a cat. International Cat Day was created in 2002 by the International Fund for Animal Welfare. World Cat Day is celebrated on February 17th in much of Europe and on March 1st in Russia.
When is World Cat Day Celebrated?
World Cat Day is a celebration which takes place on August 8, every year.
How is World Cat Day Celebrated?
- Adopt a homeless cat
- If you already own a cat, give your pet a special treat or a new toy
- Make a donation to a homeless animal shelter
- Take a selfie with your cat and post it to Instagram
- Cats love to nap – join your cat for a nap to celebrate their day
Cat Day Trivia/Facts:
- 95% of pet owners admit to talking to their cats. Who doesn’t speak to their pets?
- A cat can jump as much as seven times its height.
- A cat cannot see directly under its nose. A cat has 230 bones in its body. A human only has 206 bones.
- A cat has four rows of whiskers and use their whiskers as “antennas” to help judge the width of a space.
- A cat can sprint at about thirty-one miles per hour.
- A cat sees about six times better than a human at night
- Cats only meow at humans. They will almost never meow at another cat. Cats use this sound for humans.
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on August 8th:
- Shawn Mendes, Singer
- Roger Federer, Tennis Player
- Ragan Smith, Gymnast
- Dustin Hoffman, Actor
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#ilovecats #worldcatday #celebrateworldcatday