World Kindness Day
World Kindness Day is celebrated on November 13th. The day was introduced in 1998 as “a day that encourages individuals to overlook boundaries, race and religion”. The day, created by kindness organizations around the world, is an unofficial holiday encouraging people to be kind to each other and spread happiness, joy and peace through kindness. If there is one day of the year you would like to be kind to a stranger just because, this would be the day. A simple smile is all that it takes to make someone’s day and it costs nothing.
When is World Kindness Day?
November 13th. Annually.
Type of Holiday?
Unofficial. Fun holiday.
How is World Kindness celebrated?
This day is celebrated by doing something kind for someone else. The someone else could be a friend, family or a stranger. If you happen upon a line at the Starbuck’s drive through it’s because people like to pay it forward on this day and buy the person behind them a cup of coffee. You can also do one of the following to help celebrate the special day.
- Let someone go ahead of you in line
- Buy flowers for someone (postal worker, grocery store clerk, bus driver, etc.)
- Post anonymous sticky notes with validating or uplifting messages around for people to find
- Compliment a work colleague
- Send an encouraging text to someone
- Take muffins to work
- Simply smile at someone
- Reach out to someone you haven’t spoken to in a while to say hello
- Pay it forward at the drive through. This could be a lot of fun if you find out how long this can go on for.
World Kindness Trivia/Facts:
- Random Acts of Kindness Day is in February
- World Kindness Day is November 13th
- Research has also shown that committing acts of kindness lowers the blood pressure
- Research shows that kindness is contagious, creating a kindness ripple through its recipients
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on November 13th:
- Jimmy Kimmel – TV Show Host
- Whoopi Goldberg – comedian and co-host of The View
- Gerard Butler – Actor
- Metta World Peace – NBA Star
- Lando Norris – Race Car Driver
Popular Social Media Hashtags: